Halifax Pride Parade 2017
This year’s parade will be held on the first weekend of the festival: Saturday, July 22, 2017 at 1 p.m.
Want to be part of the Pride movement, share in the spirit of Halifax Pride, or support the 2SLGBTQ+ members in your community? The Halifax Pride Parade is now open for registration!
A number of improvements will be made this year to ensure that we better serve our 2SLGBTQ+ community and honor the politically rooted origins of the Pride Parade.
- We’re asking all entrants to complete our Halifax Pride Participant Survey (HPPS) during the registration process. This survey will allow entrants to demonstrate their commitment, alignment to the values of the Pride movement and contributions to the 2SLGBTQ+ community.
- All entrants must acknowledge reading and understanding the Parade Policy Document.
- Community groups and organizations directly affiliated with or specifically serving the 2SLGBTQ+ community will be given priority in placement and entrance into the parade. This is to ensure all 2SLGBTQ+ community members have the opportunity and access to celebrate their 2SLGBTQ+ identities, history, culture, and to give them a platform to educate and spread awareness of their organizations and needs.
- Registration fees will be amended to reflect the change in focus of the parade:
- 2SLGBTQ+ community advocacy groups/not-for-profits that serve the 2SLGBTQ+ community will be exempt from registration fees (Category A). Direct services to the 2SLGBTQ+ community must be included in their official Mission Statement.