Closing Date: June 5, 2016 at 12:00 pm AST
Marketing & Production AssistantÂ
<Click for PDF version>
The Halifax Pride Society is a not-for-profit organization of volunteers dedicated to producing a Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Questioning, 2 Spirited, Asexual, and Allies (LGBTTIQQ2SA) Pride Festival. July 14 â€“ 24, 2016 marks the 29th year for the Halifax Pride Festival, which has blossomed into Atlantic Canadaâ€™s premiere Pride Festival. This summer we are seeking a Marketing & Production Assistant to help us achieve our mission of producing a Pride Festival that is accessible to all, fiscally responsible, rewarding for all those who participate, and which reflects and celebrates the best of the LGBTQ+ community and culture in Halifax and throughout Nova Scotia.
Halifax Pride is looking for a dynamic, creative, and energetic team player to assist the Society in promoting and producing the Festival. The Marketing & Production Assistant reports to the Board of Directors, who are a small group of dedicated volunteers who exemplify our motto, Better Together, in order to accomplish our goal of executing a fabulous Festival.
You must be:
- between 15 and 30 years of age;
- a full-time student in the last academic year; and
- intending to return to school full-time next academic year.
- This is an 8-week summer position;
- The anticipated start date is June 13, 2016.
- This position is for 35 hours per week.
- Develop, implement and execute marketing and promotion strategies in collaboration with our creative partners;
- Effectively maintain current relationships with media, under the direction of the Board;
- Writes, researches, and edits internal and external documents, including correspondence as required;
- Assist in planning and coordinating logistics for all Festival events and workshops;
- Draft monthly reporting letters for Board meetings;
- Administrative duties including; database input, inventory and event supply ordering and responding to vendor andÂ volunteer inquiries.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Previous experience in the not-for-profit environment and/or marketing experience;
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge and understanding of values and current issues present in the Halifax LGBTQ+ community;
- Superior interpersonal and oral and written communication skills;
- Highly motivated individual with collaborative approach
- Ability to work independently, with initiative and limited oversight;
- Excellent organizational skills and able to work on multiple deliverables simultaneously;
- Value inclusion and diversity;
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of programs.
Submit your resume and cover letter via email by June 5, 2016 at 12:00 pm AST to:
Mr. Willem Blois
Chair, Board of Directors
2151 Gottingen Street, Halifax, NS